THE FARM

The Gibson family farm has been in our family since 1906. It has been a fully functioning farm the whole time. My Grandfather and Great-Grandfather grew mostly canola and durum, and for the past ten years my father has been raising sheep. Our farm is located in the south-west corner of Saskatchewan. I grew up mostly in the city of Saskatoon, spending my summers out at the farm. You could say I have a bit of farm-kid in me. The farm spans for hundreds of acres around the farmhouse, but the garden is just down a path through the yard. This is where the magic happens...

Now to Feed Myself.... June 1

                         I'm happy to report that all six of my baby mice survived the night, and they're doing really good!!! They're taking in milk with the dropper, and they're moving around a lot more. This morning they were cold to the touch, which was alarming, but their temperature seems to have risen, thanks to a heating pad under the box they were in. My baby lambs are also doing really well, I have to feed them a warm bottle of milk four times a day. Bambi, the little brown one (which looks more like a fawn than a lamb, hence it's name) is definitely the more aggressive one. I have to separate them to feed them so Bambi doesn't get all the milk. Add in the barn kittens and the dogs, and let's not forget the swarm of mosquitoes I ran through on my way to the barn, I've done more than my fair share of feeding today.
Now to feed myself... 

No comments:

Post a Comment